2.16.2009

Homewrecker...

Her name is Ashley Madison, and she is helping destroying marriages across the nation (or world!). I hesitated to do this post because I didn’t want to draw anymore attention to the despicable Ashley but I think we all should be aware.

AshleyMadison is a website for married people to join and discretely find other people to engage in an affair. Their motto is “Life’s short. Have an affair”… What the hell! And the site is actually quite popular despite having steep membership fees but people will pay for anything nowadays, especially sex.



"Infidelity is a fact of life and we do not judge the many reasons why people sign up for their free Ashley Madison membership," said Biderman. "Services like Ashley Madison did not invent the behavior of infidelity. Instead, www.AshleyMadison.com provides a safe and successful platform for those individuals who've decided to proceed down this path. “

I believe if a person wants to cheat they will cheat. Through AshleyMadison, Craigslist Personal Ads, other social networks, willing people… whatever, however, whenever… whoever. Nevertheless, it angers me that there is a social network that encourages such behaviors. I don’t think anger is the word…


Was AshleyMadison.com inevitable? Or did it already exists in other forms? Thoughts?


2 comments:

The Bath Cafe said...

I really think that this is sad. But, whoever made the site just to make money. I mean people are going to cheat at any cost, so why not get paid for it? But, just me being a wife, those social networks and just the plain old internet in itself is just another way to cheat.

Anonymous said...

No different than pimping, in my opinion. The saddest part is they are pimping married people.